Math Testing Preparation
There are a number of things that you can do at home to help prepare your student for the upcoming Ohio Math Achievement Tests.
1. Visit the Ohio Department of Education Testing Portal- Learn what is expected, practice for the test, and understand the results.
2. Visit http://portal.success-ode-state-oh-us.info/ and take a practice test. All past tests are posted at least in part. This will help to see the format of the test and practice questions that will be similar to actual test questions.
How to Take a Practice Test without Logging In
3. Help your student practice and become fluent at basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division facts. Visit the math page for games to help their fluency.
4. Practice the extended response questions from the Math OAA
Here's what is needed to get 4 points on an extended response question
Please Do NOT post these on another website. You may link to this site. If you would like a copy, open the document and go to file- make a copy. :-)
5. Be sure you understand all of the math vocabulary that may be used on the Ohio Achievement Test
All Vocabulary lists from Darke County Educational Service Center
9. Use math vocabulary flashcards to help understand difficult vocabulary. Words are displayed with a picture to help understand the meaning.
Math Vocab Cards
from The Coaches Corner
10. Teachers: Visit the Smart Exchange for Smart Response Question Sets from past OAA Test for Grades 3, 4, and 5 in Reading and Math. Additional resources found here.
11. Play the Power Points below to brush up on your math skills