Reading OAA Test Preparation
There are a number of things that you can do at home to help prepare your student for the upcoming Ohio Reading Achievement Tests.
1. Visit the Ohio Department of Education Testing Portal- Learn what is expected, practice for the test, and understand the results.
2. Visit http://portal.success-ode-state-oh-us.info/ and take a practice test. All past tests are posted at least in part. This will help to see the format of the test and practice questions that will be similar to actual test questions.
How to Take a Practice Test without Logging In
3. READ! READ! READ!
Reading at least 20 minutes a day will dramatically improve reading scores
View Why can't I skip my nightly reading for more information
4. Be sure that you understand the meaning of all of the Power Words and Varsity Vocabulary.
5. Visit the Reading Page and brush up on Synonyms, Antonyms, Root Words, and Vocabulary.
6. Play Reading Labs OAA Jeopardy
7. Test Taking Strategies- Read over these test taking strategies
8. 10. Teachers: Visit the Smart Exchange for Smart Response Question Sets from past OAA Test for Grades 3, 4, and 5 in Reading and Math