Setting a passcode lock on your iPad will help keep it protected if it is lost or stolen. It will also help for identity purposes.
*** If you forget your passcode, there is no way to retrieve this. Your files will be lost. So make your passcode something that you won't forget!!! ***
1. Tap the settings icon
2. Click the General tab
3. Find passcode lock (7th button from the top)
4. Touch the button
5. On the new screen, touch turn passcode on
6. A passcode screen will appear
7. Type in a four digit passcode
8. Re-type the same passcode
9. Remember your passcode. If you forget it, there is now way to retrieve this!