News from the Tech Department
January 21, 2011
Did You Know… You Can EDIT your GOOGLE DOCS on your iPAD! Google has been hard at work and now you have full functionality of Google Docs on your iPad. This means that when you check out a cart of iPads you can have students work together creating a document or presentation on separate iPads that track each students work. You can also add to the Craig’s List Document or any other document or form that you would like.
2. Select Docs
3. Find the Document you would like to work with or create a new document
4. Open the document and at the very bottom there is the option to select Mobile or Desktop. You can Desktop.
5. Edit just as you would on a desktop computer
Green Sheets Green Sheets for the second semester are due on Friday, January 28th. If you need help submitting, adding a new student, deleting a moved student or anything else just let me know. Send a work order to Technology Coach, with a specific time that you would like to meet. :-D Step by Step direction for the Green Sheet is found here. And a Checklist for to have done before turning in your document is also available.
Student art work can be submitted by students, teachers, parents, or youth group leaders. Doodle 4 Google brings art to a whole new level, giving K-12 students the opportunity to design the Google.com homepage for a day. And, while they're at it, students can take home a $15,000 scholarship and a $25,000 technology grant for their school. With the theme "What I'd like to do someday..." this year is all about students thinking big for the future. And, the competition has some exciting changes in 2011, including big name Guest Judges like Whoopi Goldberg, gold medal skater Evan Lysacek, and "Garfield" creator Jim Davis. Parents can register their children directly this year. Check out google.com/doodle4google for all contest rules, and be sure to register your students by March 2nd. Entries must be postmarked by March 16, 2011.
Tech Site Updates
· The Technology Department now has a page to feature updates. Visit here
· Google- Descriptions of Google Apps for education including sites, docs, calendar, and mail.
· Math OAA Test Prep Updated and Enhanced including math vocabulary flash cards.
· Math Fact PowerPoints- Find Points of Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division facts here. Each fact is displayed followed by its answer. These would be great to have showing during the down time.
· 100th Day of School- Find interactive activities to do on the 100th Day of School, currently February 2nd. This will be updated soon!
· Curriculum Mapping- We need to have maps done soon for the core curriculum. Take a look at the mapping software that I have found and let me know what your thoughts are. We are looking to find a program that is easily updated.
· Vowels- Interactive activities for short and long vowels
· Text features- Including Parts of a book, reading a map, table of contents, and reading a graph.
Want to see something on the site that isn’t there yet? Send a work order!